Volunteers are the heart and soul of Helping Paws. As a nonprofit organization, we rely on our volunteers to realize our mission: to further the independence of individuals with physical disabilities through the use of service dogs.
Volunteering with Helping Paws offers you a variety of rewarding opportunities. You'll be celebrating the human/animal bond while helping people achieve their independence. The benefits of volunteering extend far beyond the good feeling you get from helping others, allowing you to:
- Contribute significantly to the quality of people’s lives
- Use your talent and skills and learn new skills
- Work flexible hours to suit your needs
- Meet new and interesting people
- Make a difference in someone else’s life
- Start a tradition – come by yourself, come with your family, or come with a friend or two
- Take on a new challenge
- Share your enthusiasm for a cause or belief
- Be a valued part of a team
- Have fun!
If you are interested in serving in any capacity listed below, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 952-988-9359, extension 11 or to request a volunteer packet online click here.
- Committee participation (Communication and Development, Finanace, Events)
- Fundraising activities
- Special events (Auction Item Acquisition, Planning, Publicity, Work at Events)
- Building maintenance and improvements
- Website design and maintenance
- Graphic design and printing of collateral materials
- Board of Directors
- Community education program
- Video Taping Events/Stories