Helping Paws was founded in 1988. We stay abreast of industry trends, unique opportunities and community needs to make sure that our mission and core values remain on target, and we value input from our staff, volunteers, board of directors and graduates.
The mission of Helping Paws is to further the independence of individuals with physical disabilities through the use of service dogs.
Helping Paws is recognized in all we do by our commitment to:
- Govern our actions with integrity and respect.
- Embrace education, flexibility and adaptability in our programs.
- Cultivate a spirit of teamwork to achieve our goals.
- Approach our mission with a view to the whole life of our dogs, with follow-up from birth to end of service.
- Recognize and celebrate the passion and power of volunteers, providing opportunities for life enrichment.
- Uphold our organization and ourselves to the highest standards of excellence.